Health and Safety Engineer/Expert
Poland - Nysa
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 15-03-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Powering the cars of the future. Giving new life to used metals. We are the leading circular materials technology company fulfilling its mission to create materials for a better life. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a H&S Expert you will be responsible for the H&S coordination to the new investment project in view of implement project safety (Co-work with EPC and GC companies).
Support Engineering Team and Operations EHS Team for Pre-Start-up Safety Review and commissioning activity on new process lines.
You also will :
- provide H&S advice and support to engineering team
- ensure that necessary measures as described in the project H&S Plan (Plan BIOZ) are in place,
- plan and perform regular H&S inspections,
- provides periodical safety tool box sessions to EPC / GC EHS team,
- maintain and update relevant paperwork (e.g., JHR, RA)
- participate in safety incidents management (e.g., safety alerts, accident investigation and Root Cause Analysis)
- Co-work with Environment Coordinator for notification and follow-up of environmental incidents at construction site
- Review Weekly Construction Site Activities Map and ensure necessary changes are implemented to reinforce safety procedures.
Who we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a Health and Safety specialist or coordinator within large industrial environment, preferably new projects or new factory setting up
- Hands-on experience from working with subcontractors and EPC companies will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Polish health and safety laws and regulations
- Track record of success in building a safety culture and enhanced safety awareness among employees and/or contractors
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, degree in Engineering will be an advantage
- Ability to communicate in English (speaking and writing reports)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technology can produce coatings thinner than a human hair , IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?Apply