HR and Administrative Coordinator (La Vergne, TN)
United States, La Vergne
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Administration, Human Resources
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking an HR and Administrative Coordinator in our Cobalt and Specialty Materials business unit, located at the Palm Commodities International, LLC facility in LaVergne, TN.
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production, and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints, and tires. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways of doing things, discover new solutions, and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
As HR and Administrative Coordinator, you will provide support and coordination for HR and other office administration activities in close collaboration with the HR Manager and site management. Specifically, this will include:
- Posting and recruiting for open positions;
- Handling job offers and processing background check requests;
- Administering onboarding activities;
- Processing new hire paperwork;
- Handling local payroll activities and reporting;
- Monitoring and managing training hours and reports;
- Organizing and maintaining personnel files;
- Entering personnel data on varous spreadsheets for reporting;
- Acting as the first point of contact for HR requests and questions;
- Designing and executing internal personnel communications like newsletters, flyers, and powerpoint presentations;
- Acting as backup to front desk receptionist;
- Organizing and facilitating lunches, meetings, reservations, and company activities;
- Assisting with office filing and file retention;
- Other duties as needed.
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and prepared to tackle any challenges they face. As well as an Associates' degree in HR, business, or a related field (or above), you should have 1-3 years of administrative work experience, preferably in HR, payroll administration, or recruiting. You should have high levels of motivation and initiative and strong influencing skills. We'll also be looking for:
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, including Excel) and ability to learn new computer programs;
- Experience with SAP and ADP (Workforce Now/Enterprise E-Time) preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize duties;
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits.
We offer a strong benefits package, including health insurance, company paid life insurance and short-term disability, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, voluntary critical illness and accident insurance, a 401K Plan with employer matching and profit-sharing eligibility, and bonuses. We recognize 11 paid holidays per year and provide a generous allowance for vacation and sick time.
With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance applying for this position, please contact Palm HR at HR@palminc.com.
This is a certified Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace, and pre-employment drug testing is a prerequisite to hire.