Jr Process Engineer (Attleboro, MA)
United States, Attleboro (TM)
Applied Technology, Process & Product Development, Engineering
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do? To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking a Jr Process Engineer in our Electrical Materials business unit located in Attleboro, MA
Successful candidate will Support Operations, Business Development, Quality, EHS and Sustainable Development to achieve increased profitability of the business by:
- Metallurgical/Mechanical technical guidance for operations to improve internal knowledge and processes and support development of new products
- Collect and analyse production data to propose and implement improvement actions with existing products
- Understand and support laboratory functions ensuring continual coverage to support business needs
- Support Quality, EH&S, Sustainable Development and Operations with new product integration
- Support continuous improvement initiatives (Kaizen, 5S, Lean Manufacturing, TPM, Sustainable Development, EH&S)
- Manage documentation and training requirements to support ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and business processes (SAPB1)
- Ensure that the installed production technology is meeting all relevant internal and external EH&S standards, Operations and SD functions
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Materials or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with existing manufacturing technologies, including bonding, rolling, slitting, stamping, and brazing operations preferred
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office; SAP B1; Auto Cad)
- ISO 9001/ISO14001 knowledge preferred
- Ability to perform analytical and metallurgical testing
- High level of mechanical aptitude and desire to work in a hands-on manufacturing environment
- Problem-solving skills, such as the ability to establish root cause and develop, test and implement solutions
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Analyze/interpret data and compile reports
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; collaborate as part of a team and provide engineering technical support for everyday challenges
- Safety and Quality mindset to achieve results
- Operate utilizing the core values of Umicore (Openness, Innovation, Respect, Teamwork, and Commitment)
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Candidates must be able to work in the United States, without requiring company visa/immigration support.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Karen Winne at email@example.com or by calling Umicore Human Resources at (518) 932-0052
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.