Junior Anaplan model builder
Belgium - Brussels
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 16-03-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As RBM Anaplan model builder you will be acting as the Anaplan model builder and data model specialist by providing data models based on the general understanding of the business and their requirements. We have a short and long term vision and by crafting accurate, flexible and in time data models, you will provide the information we and the require in the business to guide them towards their vision and future challenges.
You capture, challenge and translate basic business requirements into clear data models and data sets. We want a star in designing, building, managing and maintaining newly crafted and existing basic data models required by business. It will help them and us in the way we make decisions.
By modifying the data models in an agile way we can make new and improved models to help the business and the changing market. Sprint planning and testing sessions are our second nature, and we implement them together with the key users
Being part of the RBM&CSM BP&IT team, you will help to bring us to the next level of expertise for data modelling and the different Anaplan possibilities
Business process and data translation:
- You become a key contact for RBM in the different business domains.
- Get a good understanding of the basic data structure and the data scope within the different systems and local applications that are used within the organization
- We love to connect to the business processes! It's in your scope with the data that is being created, maintained and registered by you.
- Contribute to the basic functional designs (user stories) of data models and data depositories in SAP4/H BW in order to be able to build the accurate data models in Anaplan
- Liaison between the business and the IT department on the creation of the different data sets and the data models
- Basic ownership of the Anaplan system and the data modelling possibilities
- Contribute to the creation, implementation, management and maintenance of the different data models required by the business
- Train the different Anaplan users on your basic created data models and the Anaplan functionalities
Who we are looking for
- Master’s degree in information technology, finance, applied computer sciences or a related field
- Strong, sincere and proven interest in data, data modelling and data interactions
- Experience with Anaplan data modelling is a plus
- Knowledge of business processes
- Expert skills of excel spreadsheet modelling, macros, pivot tables, formulas, charts etc.
- Ability to translate from model building in Excel to multi-dimensional technologies
- Strong understanding of data integration
- Must possess business knowledge, strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of financial, commercial and operational flows and interactions between different entities and teams
- Excellent People Management
- Strong coordination and communication skills (ability to present processes and Anaplan solutions in a clear, structured and simple way)
- Fast learner & communicator
- Fluent in English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO