Lab Quality Specialist
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
QEHS Specialist is responsible for establishment and maintenance of lab quality and EHS systems and works with the lab management to ensure the effectiveness of this system.
Supports Site EHS and site QM department on EHS and quality system management topics (audits, corrective and preventive actions…)
1. Establish laboratory management system
• Establish laboratory management system based on ISO/IEC 17025
• Ensure the effectiveness of this management system running.
• Establish the necessary documentation according to the requirements of ISO9001, IATF16949, ISO14001 and ISO 45001, and ensure that the laboratory management system meets site management system requirements;
2. Complete or support regular (internal and external) audits, report on the results and the findings and follow up the corrective actions
• Establish an annual internal audit plan and conduct the audits accordingly
• Work with other RBM laboratories to complete regular cross audits,
• Support EHS and QM department on internal, second party and third party audits;
3. Management of all systems:
• Filing and sorting of all system documents;
• Regular training of laboratory staff of all management systems (ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 45001);
• Implementation and follow up of LPA audit plan in laboratory;
4. Laboratory safety management:
• Establish and improve the laboratory safety system, find potential safety problems through on-site audit, and make improvement;
• For new test items, evaluate safety risks together with EHS and determine appropriate PPE;
• Work with equipment specialist to input new project safety requirements;
• Regularly conduct on-site safety training;
• Timely report and follow up when accidents occur;
• Regular PPE check
• Attend in the safety system and program implemented by EHS
5. Operation excellence management of laboratory
• Participate in the company's 5S activities;
• Establish 5S standard of laboratory and supervise its implementation;
• Collect Continuous Improvement ideas from the laboratory and follow up on the actions
• Participate in the laboratory optimalization and development projects
Who we are looking for
Functional requirements (Education, years of experience in different areas, technical skills, …):
- Bachelor or engineer degree in EHS, Quality Management or related fields
- 3 years of experience in Quality Management and/or EHS,
- Knowledge and understanding IATF 16949 and ISO/IEC 17025 (internal auditor certificate is a plus)
- Computer skills: use well Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO 45001;
- Knowledge and understanding of 5S and lean management ;
- Good written and spoken English and Polish communication
- Working experience in multi-national environment is added advantage
Personal skills (Behavioural competencies)
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- A good team spirit
- Promoting a safe work environment
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?