China, Shanghai - RHQ
Legal - Security
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Corporate Department
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for drafting simple contracts, letters and other legal documents, including without limitation non-disclosure agreements, board resolutions or shareholder decisions for company change;
- Assist in reviewing other contracts and improving contract templates;
- Responsible for translating or proofreading bilingual legal documents;
- Responsible for data statistics and management (including but not limited to the maintenance / scanning / update / archiving) of legal documents;
- Responsible for legal research on laws and regulations and case searches;
- Assist in providing legal trainings including but not limited to Umicore Contract Database training, NDA training;
- Coordinating and providing administrative support for compliance with corporate law requirements and formalities of the Greater China legal entities, including without limitation preparing minutes, resolutions, powers of attorney and other corporate legal documents;
- Manage daily/administrative affairs of the Greater China legal team;
- Coordinating with internal and external customers when necessary;
- Coordinating with legal assistants of central team and other regional teams within the legal department.
Who we are looking for
- Minimal degree of bachelor with major in law;
- Fluent oral & written skills in Mandarin and English (other languages are a plus);
- Legal related work experience is preferred;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with a focus on quality and attention to detail;
- Team player and enjoy sharing knowledge, but are capable of working autonomously and take on responsibilities;
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?