Local Service Delivery Supervisor - Information Systems
United States, Tulsa
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore USA Inc. is currently seeking a Local Service Delivery Supervisor-Information Systems to join our Information Systems team in Tulsa, OK.
About Regional Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Daily follow up of the resolution of incoming IT incidents and request from end users, with focus on incidents and requests requiring on-site interventions. Ensure that Umicore resolver groups, service providers and other 3rd parties meet the agreed service levels.
- Conduct regular (daily or weekly) operational review with responsible for local service provider to discuss service delivery issues or plan and coordinate local activities.
- Log, investigate and document all service delivery issues and take immediate appropriate action.
- Discuss persistent issues with the Service Delivery manager during regular review meetings. Formulate corrective actions and participate in the implementation of improvement actions.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge articles and ensure service providers have access to the necessary information to perform their contractual obligations and increase their efficiency and self-dependency. Such documentation requirements may result from problem management process, resolution of a specific issue or the introduction of a new application or technology.
- Provide 2nd line support in the area of end-user computing for incidents of service requests that are outside of the scope of the service provider.
- Provide on-site assistance for IS subject matter experts in case of activities that require on-site presence to facilitate resolution or troubleshooting.
- Write and maintain documentation necessary to support devices or solutions outside of the scope of the service providers, and that reside under the support of local Umicore subject matter experts such as yourself
- Conduct regular Service Delivery review meetings (together with regional IS management and/or Service Delivery Manger) with business unit representatives on service delivery and business requirements.
- Capture business demands outside of the standard service desk offering and discuss with Service Delivery Manager. Assist in translating such demand into high level IT requirements and transfer them to the appropriate teams within IS. Where needed, facilitate communication between end-users and IS subject matter experts outside of the region.
- Have a good understanding of the local situation of the sites within your region. Have periodical site visits, in agreement with service delivery manager. Such site visits should be documented in site visit reports and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to maintain an accurate license & asset database. Participate in compliancy audits initiated by internal Umicore, suppliers or audit organizations, and take appropriate actions as necessary to resolve any findings.
- Manage and deliver small local projects and other one-time activities according to agreed scope, planning, budget and quality level.
- Participate in Internal IS projects (cross team, cross region) and Business Projects.
Who we are looking for
Education and Technical Background
- Master's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of incident management protocols and procedures
- ITIL foundation certification is a plus
- Min 10 years of relevant experience in the area of end user computing support as desktop technician
- Desktop technician experience in manufacturing environment is a strong plus
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows Desktop Operating systems and Microsoft Office applications (O365 experience preferred)
- Experience in supervising in an outsourced IT environment is a plus
- Incident management experience
- Experience in escalation management skills
- Small project leader
- Knowledge and experience with in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting: personal computer hardware (including processors, motherboards, memory, hard disks, optical drives, peripherals such as scanners, cameras, printers, external hard drives, etc.); Windows Desktop Operating systems and common COTS applications
- Knowledge and experience with installing, configuring, networking, and troubleshooting network- and stand-alone printers.
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise desktop remote assistance tools, such as remote control, imaging, remote application deployment
- Basic knowledge of broader IT environment is essential (server, LAN/WAN, AD, SCCM ..)
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Denise Daley at email@example.com or by calling 919.874.7170.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.