Machine Operator, Optics (Quapaw, OK)
United States, Quapaw_ USA
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, the Quapaw site is currently seeking a Machine Operator, Optics.
About Electro-Optic Materials
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. Umicore is a world leader in material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies. We guarantee our customers secure access to supply, plus recycling technologies that give materials a new lease of life. To produce materials with even higher performance, and provide recycling to new markets, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Operate polisher producing disc and blanks to spec
- Measure key dimensions using varying measurement instruments to ensure parts are in spec
- Properly operate slicing machine to slice cores to correct dimension
- Set up, operate, monitor, measure and troubleshoot Single Point Diamond Turning CNC machine
- Set up, operate, monitor, measure and troubleshoot Lens Molding machine
- Make adjustments to equipment as needed to ensure best possible operating parameters
- Inspect final product to ensure quality of parts as defined by customer specifications
- Enter product related information into computer software system
Who we are looking for
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous CNC and programming experience preferred
- Proficient with computers, preferably Excel
- Experience with using and calibrating measurement instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and microscopes
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and blueprints
- Regularly required to stand, walk and reach
- Required to have finger/hand dexterity in order to handle small fragile parts
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vison abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally fumes or airborne particles
- Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position please contact Pam Talbert at email@example.com or by calling 918.281.4723