Maintenance Electrician (Pasadena. TX)
United States, Bayport
Production, Process & Product Development, Engineering, Maintenance
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tons being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Catalyst USA, LLC. is seeking a Maintenance Electrician at our Plant in Pasadena, Texas.The Maintenance Electrician will provide leadership, technical execution, expertise and support for the production of Stationary Catalysts. For details on this opportunity and the day to day experience of this role check out the responsibilities listed below.
- Areas of responsibility include Work Order execution, troubleshooting, team collaboration, and supporting Operations, Maintenance and Contractors in the execution of maintenance or improvements in the facility.
- Maintenance assistance with capital projects that may include process development, process optimization, and new Equipment installations.
- Complete assigned Work Orders through troubleshooting, procedures, and team collaboration.
- Collaborate and seek ways to improve Maintenance personnel competence and skill development across the Plant.
- Assisting the department in ensuring the facility is compliant with Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Participate in as needed, Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP), Initial Start Ups, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Training of personnel and other requirements to keep the plant compliant.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Instrument Technology or a related discipline is preferred; however, equivalent years of experience will be accepted on one for one basis in lieu of a degree
- 2 to 5 years in an Electrician role at a minimum is required
- 5 to 10 Plant experience highly desired
- Military experience will be considered
- Experience working with different cultures, at different levels, in a Multinational corporation
- Capacity to adhere to a strict code of ethical conduct
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with time constraints ad hoc
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
We offer a full-scale benefits plan, including health insurance, company paid life insurance and short-term disability, dental insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, voluntary critical illness and accident insurance, a 401K Plan with employer matching, profit-sharing eligibility, and bonuses. We recognize 11 paid holidays per year and provide a generous allowance for vacation and sick time.
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Umicore Catalyst USA HR at HR_UmicoreCatalystUSA@am.umicore.com or by calling 1-888-840-5228.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.