Maintenance Technician II (Wickliffe, OH)
United States, Wickliffe
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, we are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician II at our Umicore Specialty Materials Recycling LLC facility in Wickliffe, OH. This facility is part of Umicore's Cobalt & Specialty Materials business unit.
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore's expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore's materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paint and tires. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions, and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Our Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment and property to ensure minimal downtime and a safe work environment. Specifically, job duties will include:
- Conducting preventative maintenance program requirements for all manufacturing equipment
- Basic electrical, repair and maintenance for mixing, blending and electronic meters
- Boiler operation, trouble shooting, treatment and basic preventative maintenance
- Basic welding (stick & MIG)
- Pump repair (pneumatic and centrifugal)
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic repair and maintenance
- Assist with new project installation as required
- Small engine repair and maintenance
- Pipefitting and plumbing installation and repair
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and tackle any challenges they face. The Education and Experience required for this position include:
- High school diploma, or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment, preferably a chemical manufacturing facility
- Welding skills
- Strong mechanical skils
- Good problem solving ability
- Forklift experience, or willingness to follow the necessary training to obtain the certificate
- The physical ability to wear respiratory protection
- The ability to perform physical tasks such as climb stairs and ladders, handle weights (material), lift 70 lbs, for maintenance and inspection of operational equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical knowledge of pneumatic and centrifugal pumps
- Proficiency with hand and power tools
- Small engine repair certification is a plus
- PLC automation experience is a plus
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too.
That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds.
As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. Starting wage for this position will fall in the range of $20-$25 per hour depending on the experience level. We offer a full-scale benefits plan, including health insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, voluntary critical illness and accident insurance, a 401K Plan with employer matching and profit-sharing eligibility, and bonuses. We recognize 11 paid holidays per year and provide generous allowances for vacation and sick time. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or other status protected by law. If you need assistance applying for this position, please contact Umicore Human Resources at email@example.com or by calling (440) 833-3000.