Manager Analytical Lab
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development, Intellectual Assets/Property
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Project management (getting the laboratory operational)
- Selection of required personnel and ensuring a thorough training
- Timely ordering of the required equipment and getting it operational in time
- Ensuring the integration (implementation) of the global RBM LIMS database
- Preparation of necessary local quality documentation: translation into local language, storage in Quality Documentation Mgt System (QDMS)
- Execution of in time analysis for raw materials, process materials, finished goods, test- and development samples
- Responsible for the validity of analytical results and for setting analysis priorities including the communication to relevant departments
- Analyzes analytical costs and equipment reliability and proposes improvement projects
Analytical quality monitoring and improvement
- Planning, scheduling and execution of analysis quality & reliability monitoring by statistical tools (SPC, LOD/LOQ, MSA, 6 sigma) and also initiation of improvement projects (quality & reliability)
- Assesses lab environment and facilities to satisfy the requirements acc. IATF 16949
- Manages lab KPI’s and reports monthly to RBM domain manager ACC and site management
Safety, training, supervising and communication
- Planning, scheduling and execution of EHS related programs in the analytical laboratory to prevent safety incidents and pollution (EHS patrol, dust monitoring, 5S...)
- Ensures decent training of lab members on the physicochemical analysis
- Supervises and deploys the lab members and promotes team building
Budget & expense management
- Defines & verifies the yearly laboratory budget (OPEX/CAPEX) and follows up the timely execution of investments
- Standardizes all analytical processes, following the quality management system in compliance with IATF 16949 and ISO 17025
- Registers and revises of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) for all analytical processes
Education: Master in chemistry (or higher) with at least 5 years of working experience in laboratory management and analytical characterization techniques, fluent in spoken/written English and fluent/native in Polish.
- Knowledge and understanding of chemistry and chemical analysis
- Background knowledge of the various equipment used (ICP, PSD, KF, Titrator, BET, TD, SEM, XRF, C/S, XRD)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, able to conduct root cause analysis
- Control and manage projects by mean of PX methodology
- Knowledge of method development methodologies and validation of analysis
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 and ISO/IEC 17025.
- Knowledge of core tools and processes like MSA, FMEA, SPC, APQP and PPAP.
- Knowledge of analysis/testing related standards (ASTM, EN, DIN, ISO…)
- Computer literacy (scientific software, office software)
Managerial and interpersonal skills:
- Leadership skills (ability to organize and coach the team)
- Good communication skills
- Able to define diverse needs within the lab and able promote change
- Promoting a safe work environment
- Analytical thinking, critical mindset and problem-solving ability
- Self-motivated, open minded, able to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!