Manager Corporate Controlling
Posted on 24-11-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Support Functions – Corporate Finance
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a member of the Group Control and Consolidation team, the Manager Corporate controlling contributes to an efficient collection, a thorough analysis, a sound understanding and a clear presentation of the financial figures of all Corporate Departments, including the Procurement &Transport and IT departments. You will initiate continuous improvement of the processes within Corporate Controlling and support the global growth.
You will be located in the Brussels Headquarters or Hoboken where the headquarter of the IT and P&T departments are located.
- Assure timely and accurate financial data collection and processing for full reporting cycle (monthly reporting, budget and operational plan horizon, forecasting)
- Initiate automation projects, process optimization and continuous improvement in the reporting cycle.
- Implement and maintain internal control measures and continuous risk assessment of processes
- Analyse key financial indicators for the individual corporate departments
- Apply innovative technologies and Business Intelligence reporting tools to further enhance data analysis
- Identify and stay up to date of new technology solutions, following trends of digitalization, for further optimization of analysis, visualization and presentation of performance indicators
- You challenge the status quo and implement continuous improvement of the processes within Corporate Controlling
Business Partnering – Networking:
- Interact frequently with business partners (department managers, senior management, Shared Accounting,…) to gain a deep understanding of the financial indicators and underlying processes
- Thorough understanding of business models of the corporate departments, including allocations models and transfer pricing compliancy
- Present detailed financial reports to (senior) management
Who we are looking for
You are an enthusiastic colleague with:
- Master degree with a focus on finance, accounting and controlling
- Experience in controlling; accounting; consolidation is a plus
- Systems minded, experience with consolidation software, ERP system, Anaplan or BI reporting is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large, international company
- Excellent communicator
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Fluent in English as well written as spoken, Dutch or French is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO