Officer- RPL Operational Procurement
China, Jiangmen - JUC
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. Supported by the global megatrends of resource scarcity, vehicle electrification and the need for cleaner air quality, our activities primarily focus on three areas: recycling, electrification and clean air. In doing so, we put our teams at the cutting edge of materials science, chemistry and metallurgy. Our pioneering approach to sustainability has got us to where we are today, but we know we can’t stand still. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Support Manager on engineering and maintenance project
- Prepare request for quotations and obtains competitive vendor proposals
- Review, analyse and negotiate vendor proposals and subsequent purchase recommendations prior to order placement
- Performs price and cost analysis
- Negotiates price, discounts, payment and contract terms and conditions
- Prepares purchase orders
- Track suppliers’ delivery schedule and feedback relevant parties
- Provide the relevant documents and support the payment issue
- Develop suppliers to get cost down
- Manage the complaints to supplier
- Others arranged by the Supervisor and Manager
- Ensure the Umicore CoC compliance in procurement activities.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor degree or above in economics/engineering/electrical/instrument or equivalent
- At least 3 years working experience in purchasing fields
- Experience in equipment purchasing & engineering purchasing is preferred
- Experience in SAP is preferred
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Address：No.77, Lidong Er Road, Jianghai District, Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province China