Operational Excellence Technologist
Korea, Republic of - Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Process & Product Development, Production, Product Management
Posted on 18-09-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
1. Manage site KPI performance by setting targets, conducting assessments, and leading regular review meetings.
2. Lead and support the RBMK cost-saving program, including idea generation, project initiation, and performance monitoring.
3. Implement Operational Excellence(OE) initiatives in RBMK, focusing on digitalization, automation, and Lean-Six Sigma methodologies, while developing best practices to share with other sites.
4. Oversee the RBMK IPS(Idea Generation System).
5. Lead assigned projects related to continuous improvement and cost savings.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, particle technology, or similar field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial environment.
- Leadership or project management experience, particularly in problem-solving areas.
- Proficient in Lean-Six Sigma and root cause investigation methodologies (Black Belt experience is highly preferable).
- Excellent communication skills in English (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Motivated individual who can inspire and motivate others.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong skills in initiation, organization, and planning.
- Excellent coaching and influencing abilities.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?