United States, Catoosa
Precious Metals Chemistry
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Precious Metals Chemistry USA, LLC is currently seeking an Operations Intern in our PMC business unit, located at our Catoosa, OK facility.
About Umicore … As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage…To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com .
About Precious Metals Chemistry
We develop, scale-up, manufacture, and globally market & sell Precious Metal-based Catalysts for use in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical, and industrial chemical industries. The key to our success is understanding customer-specific applications which enables us to translate ideas into chemistry solutions that work well in our customers’ processes. We find new ways to do things by discovering new solutions and developing new ideas. Which is where you come in
What You Will Be Doing (Job Responsibilities)
- Work directly for the Manager of Engineering and Maintenance.
- Become familiar with the chemicals and processes in your assigned area.
- Process chemical materials in a small batch process.
- Will be assigned and complete projects in preparation for production integration.
- Work with state-of-the-art manufacturing systems.
- Maintain the highest quality standards through continuous process improvement.
Who We Are Looking For
Education & Technical Background
- A student enrolled in a chemistry, engineering technology, or relevant science is required.
- Experience in conducting and recording trials and laboratory experiments.
- Other important attributes are adherence to methods, people skills, resourcefulness, good numbers sense, ability to work with hands, and problem solving.
- Strong technical background and excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
- Self-driven person with demonstrated ability to work well in a team.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Operating System, including Excel and Word.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Desire to Learn.
What We Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. This is a part time position of less than 30 hours per week for approximately three months. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Diane Hammons at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Umicore Human Resources at (918) 266-8078.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.