Operations managers HPC
Process & Product Development, Production
Posted on 22-11-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Electro-Optic Materials
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. Umicore is a world leader in germanium material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies. We guarantee our customers secure access to supply, plus recycling technologies that give materials a new lease of life. To produce materials with even higher performance, and provide recycling to new markets, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Within the operational unit HPC (High Purity Chemicals), we produce germanium-based high purity materials that serve as core material for optical fibers. The increased roll-out of optical fiber cables is crucial for the deployment of 5G and later 6G networks, enabling people to connect around the globe. We strive to provide best in class materials, at the same time maintaining a consistently high quality throughout production. But we seek to go higher and further.
We close the material loop where possible and identify recycling opportunities wherever we go. The HPC unit is our recycling engine for a wide variety of input streams from our customers, suppliers and internal recycling, which we transform into high quality end products.
Your assignment will be to define our high-reaching strategy and to roll out the operational plan to deliver on the key performance indicators of the unit with respect to our core values
We want you and your team to continuously improve the sustainability of the production line while maintaining the operational flexibility towards our customers worldwide.
- You own the day-to-day operations of the HPC operational unit and are responsible for realizing important metrics, whilst ensuring QEHS compliance with a strong focus on safe behavior and a quality approach.
- You lead and encourage your co workers to strive for operational excellence to achieve cost excellence and lead capital employed to target.
- You promote and cultivate engagement and ownership within in order to grow a culture of safety excellence and collaboration.
- You translate the operational strategy into a high-reaching plan together with your team and ensure roll out on the production floor to generate focus within the organization.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a minimum of a Master Degree in Chemistry, Metallurgy, Engineering or a related field;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing/production environment;
- Your leadership skills and know how as a mentor are excellent and empowering a team is your second nature!
- You are a true standout colleague with strong interpersonal relations and communications skills;
- You are strong in planning and coordinating
- You have a proven understanding of chemistry, operational excellence and financials for running an operational unit;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our germanium solutions can help provide power in space, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO