Patent Liaison Manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Posted on 19-05-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for Precursor IP management.
Specifically, this will include:
- Provide precursor product and process expertise for IP management.
- Manage and strengthen precursor product and process IP.
- Coordinate tasks to accelerate IP creation, enforceability thereof, and technical FTO assessment.
- Lead ideation process for precursor R&D.
- Managing and participating IP projects.
- You will be located in Kokkola as a part of global RBM IP team currently in Belgium and Korea.
Who we are looking for?
- University degree (at least master's degree) in science or engineering.
- General experience in the field of R&D or IP.
- Understanding of the patent granting procedure is considered beneficial.
- Analytical thinking, problem solving ability and strong drive for innovation.
- Fluent English to communicate within the world-wide Umicore organization.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Applications in English.
For more information please contact Head of Precursor R&D competence team, Janne Niittykoski 050 444 5244.
IF OUR TECHNOLOGIES CAN MAKE THE WORLD BETTER CONNECTED, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?