Planned Maintenance Manager
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Develop Planned Maintenance strategy and procedures on furnaces overhaul, utilities, buildings & other facilities with proper & economical implementation, monitoring & updating.
- Propose annual and long term budgets for all works to the Department manager of Asset Management.
- Manage annual Planned Maintenance programs and find out best way to optimize PM cost, especially on contract works.
- Ensure to keep good communication with related stakeholders
- Ensure all activities to be efficient and to be optimized on cost monitoring system
- Utilities Management across RBM Korea
- Develop and execute an effective planned maintenance program in line with the strategy
- Eliminate all chronic issues by ensuring compliance to the asset care systems and assuring utility performance
- Manage utilities infrastructure ensuring site capabilities for the current & future business developments
- Management of facilities service contracts providing vendors contract requirement and managing vendors accordingly
- Ensure to follow up all regular and cyclical legal requirement
- Manage Furnace overhaul team to execute annual overhaul of furnace/kiln for RBM Korea
- Manage overhaul works according to SOP & check sheet and complete assigned job on time.
- Develop & update related SOP & standard, ie., heater & roller inspection standard, etc.
- Sustainable improvement for the reliability & energy efficiency of furnace/kiln.
- Review the labour and material cost for overhaul and set & implement to be optimized
- Ensure that Umicore and all contractors and other service providers are fully briefed on and apply requirements applicable to workplace health and safe
- Keep best condition of all buildings, civil, road, security fences, folk lift maintenance.
- Ensure to handling all taxes and fees regarding to city gas, city water & sewages, communication line, land rental, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in major of engineering(mechanical, electric, industrial, etc.)
- Minimum of 7 years in maintenance on manufacturing process or facility management and team management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical, engineering and maintenance. (Powder & wet process experience is preferred)
- Strong knowledge of planned maintenance strategy & principles.
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) and asset management software(PM SAP preferred)
- Accredited process certification preferred, such as Six Sigma, PMP, etc.(preferred)
- Experience with large scale auditing practices and procedures.
- Strong experience on utility management
- Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects.
- Good written and spoken English communication
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter for team member cooperation & other part in maintenance
- Ability to organize and coach his/her team and special task force team for special project.
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly/effectively under pressure and deadlines
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?