South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Process Engineer in PPI(Product and Process Industrialization) team is responsible for local industrialization of new product and process as well as local market scouting. And the Process Engineer is also responsible for leading and coordinating the local MPTRs. The Process Engineer participates and supports project engineering team for process perspective within the framework of RBM PTE global team.
- Coordinate the local industrialization (e.g. through MPTRS, etc…) with input from R&D and PTE global product and process development teams in site level and share the results within the project team to define the way-forward.
- Participate in global project discussion based on local expertise, take lead or join the implementation of assigned local projects from product and process perspective
- Setup and maintain the local quality documentation (CP, P-FMEA…) for new products/processes
- Maintain the ownership of prototype lines to ensure the resources for running (not operational)
- Scout the local market for new process/machine intelligence and reporting on the findings
- Raise the proposal to test the new process/machine internally or externally and gather the data for reporting
- Act as the local interface towards local site teams (OPS, SCM, AM, engineering, etc…)
Who we are looking for
- MSc or BSc (with 3yrs experience) in engineering, materials engineering or chemistry.
- Expert knowledge of production product, process and equipment
- Good knowledge of chemistry, machine and analysis to understand fundamental of product and process
- Good understanding of EHS and Quality program (ISO)
- Fluent in Korean and able to communicate in English(spoken and written)
- Good knowledge of MS and other software, and good understanding of on-line share point and the other data management system
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- Good communication skills, open, respectful, convincing
- Able to work in multi-department and matrix organizational structure.
- Good Team player and team management
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?