Process Manager Internal Logistics
Precious Metals Refining
Production, Supply Chain
Posted on 16-11-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Internal Logistics Department of PMR Hoboken is about to transform its activities, processes and equipment into the Logistics of the Future! Environmental roadmaps, automation and planning, logistics technology… are THE topics to take on !
Within the framework of the policy and strategy of the department, -as process manager Internal Logistics- you will be responsible for the optimization of the processes and technology, as such you support all projects and processes in order to complete operational activity of the Unit in order to deliver excellent key performance indicators of the Operations.
You support a team of about 150 co-workers indirectly
Your detailed responsibilities:
- Propose, evaluate and work out technical and operational improvements, launch new investment requests and start-up new equipment
- Improve performance, safety and environmental processes in compliance with all aspects of Umicore’s safety, health and environmental standards
- Actively run all technical projects and processes related to the roadmap emissions of Internal Logistics to assure compliance with our permits
- Define and deploy the maintenance strategy for the internal logistics department in line with the objectives of the department
- Together with the operations manager you supervise and lead the performance of the equipment, increase its reliability and availability, assure the robustness (impact on the quality/accuracy and cost)
- Responsible for the planning and optimization of the periodic shut downs of our equipment
- Lead and optimize the maintenance cost and CAPEX in line with the budget
- Assure that all changes related to documentation regarding risk analysis, user documentation, safety and environmental procedures are carried out meticulously
- You define and deploy efficiency opportunities by digitization and automation with the final goal of improving business and operational excellence
- Take up the responsibility for the whole plant operations as Engineer on Duty, up to 2 weeks per year
- Back up of operations manager
- You control, intervene and adjust the KPI’s within the responsibility domain
- You handle and control training plans, maintenance and investment programs of all rolling equipment on site
Who we are looking for
- You acquired a (PhD or) Master degree in chemical, mechanical or metallurgical engineering
- You have at least 2 years operational, technological and business experience
- Good knowledge of engineering and logistics developments
- Common with practical requirements of environmental, health and safety issues
- Good knowledge of analytics, digital approach; able to synthesize a large number of data and come to clear conclusions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- You are a decision maker: detailed approach, quality minded and effective Problem solver
- You are a standout colleague with a strong customer mindset
- A strong people manager and natural leader
- Stress resistant and committed to results
- You are proficient in Dutch and have a good knowledge of other languages (English, French, German)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our recycling teams can help tackle resource scarcity, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO