Product Application Engineer Heavy Duty Diesel - (Auburn Hills, MI)
United States, Auburn Hills_ USA
Applied Technology, Engineering
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We all have the right to breathe clean air. Umicore is a world leader in the production of emission catalysts and our technologies enable the automotive industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tons of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and reduce emissions we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas.
Which is where you come in.
Technical Responsibility and Task:
- Understand legislation and market/customer requirements and developing timely technical solutions to meet these, ensuring Umicore is positioned to achieve competitive results.
- Execute technical strategies by managing customer focused testing programs.
- Selection of the right products/technologies for selected customer programs with the objective to minimize complexity in the plants within the functional organization of AC-PM.
- Support and sometimes lead the technical discussions at the customers.
- Coordinate of the Checklist 1 process of product implementation until PPAP is signed
- Accountable that the work performed in this area of responsibility meets the requirements of the ISO/TS16949, ISO14001, QS9000 (VDA6 quality assurance system and promotes the continued application of the TQM process within his/her team.
- Effective communication of customer and competitor information and status within AC-PM
- Develop strategies and input for the five-year budget plan related to his/her customer activities including testing, catalyst development targets, and personnel needs
Commercial and Strategic Responsibility and Task:
- Responsible for the life cycle of the products: During gestation until PPAP, through production until end of product life. Part specifications will be managed to solve recurring production problems and operations and sales supported to help manage product profitability
Education & Technical Background
- Bachelors Degree or Advanced University degree, e.g. MSc or Doctorate degree related to auto industry, business and/or chemistry
- Detailed understanding of catalyst and after treatment functions
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Computer literacy, with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Office 365
- Project Management Skills
- 2-5 years professional experience of which at least 2 years within Catalysis
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally
- Outstanding creativity, high social competence, ability to analyze complex problems, excellent communication abilities – internal and external, intercultural abilities
- Establishes good relationships with leadership team and staff even in virtual and intercultural teams
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization
- Analyzes and describes technical challenges clearly, succinctly and efficiently
- Decisiveness and high pressure resistance
- Strategic, tactical and financial thinking
- Writes and explains convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Candidates must be able to work in the United States, without requiring company visa/immigration support. If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Marcie Lemieux at email@example.com or by calling (248) 292-2248.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.