Product Development Team Researcher
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Posted on 29-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
1. Product/process development by supporting projects on cathode product development
(i) Work with supervisor on experimental design, sample preparation, characterization & data analysis; get pro-actively involved in their definition,
(ii) Demonstrate ability to push tasks within the local RTC organization and with external contractors,
(iii) Conduct/arrange customer samples piloting & arrange sample analysis and shipment
(iv) find new technology intelligences (patent, articles, news, etc) and demonstrate the technology in the product development and for IP ideation
(v) Interact with the internal contacts PTRD, TDT, ART, GPM, BRT, ROP, AL, PDE, AT, ...) and external teams/functions
2. Lab management responsibilities
(i) MSA, PEM
(ii) Room responsibility, EHS, recording, findings & proposal for improvements
3. Reporting and data interpretation
(i) collect and update data in the structural summary files,
(ii) formal reporting (PPT, project meeting, RDGM, etc..)
(iii) AT communication (SRF coordinator)
(iv) interpretation of results and definition of next steps
(v) use of databases according to RTC policy
Who we are looking for
- MSc in chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, material science is preferred
- 0 to 3 years of experience in the fields of battery, materials, semi-conductors supercapacitors, fuel-cell, ceramics, catalysis..etc
- Knowledge in programming(visual basics, Python,,) and access data base is a plus.
- Expert knowledge analytical procedures
- Expert cathode material/process/battery understanding
- Good knowledge of operation procedures for R&D equipment
- Good reporting and communication in English
- Expert data management skills
- Taking initiatives and open communication
- Structured mind and logical reasoning
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my pioneering research can drive our progress in clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?