Poland - Nysa
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 18-09-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
• Inventory of all components (direct and indirect materials) in the production area
• Cooperation with the purchasing department to ensure the continuity of supplies of all auxiliary raw materials to the production area
• Managing working time and employee attendance, planning and documenting overtime, coordinating working time in cooperation with the HR department
• Managing and archiving production documentation (production orders, checklists)
• Collection of production data and preparation of reports on the main production indicators
• Managing the Competence Matrix of the production department, documenting training, archiving training materials and certificates confirming competences), cooperation with the HR department
• Administration of authorizations for a fleet of forklifts in the production area
• Organizing visitors' visits to the production area (creating visitor reports, organizing personal protective equipment)
• Initiating the purchasing process in the SAP SRM (Shopping cart) system - after prior training
Who we are looking for
• Experience in a manufacturing plant
• Capable to work with several priorities under time pressure
• Good understanding and experience of manufacturing processes
• Advanced written and spoken English
• Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated evidence of successful teamwork. Collegial approach to communication, comfortable with occasional public speaking
• Able to accept direction. Needs to be comfortable and flexible with evolving priorities and roles
• Professional demeanor
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?