Production Operator (Glens Falls, NY)
United States, Glens Falls NY
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in the materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do? To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking Production Operators in our Technical Materials business unit located in Glens Falls, NY.
- Operate production equipment, keeping continuous production flow, ensuring good quality material is produced and transferred daily, without accidents; meeting daily/weekly production goals
- Provide Preventive Maintenance in order to have zero unplanned downtime due to maintenance or tooling problems
- Learn and train in other machines, operations, processes, and departments to be qualified for other tasks within UTMNA, measured by Qualification Matrix
Education & Experience
- HS Diploma or GED Required
- 2 years’ experience in heavy machine operation within a manufacturing environment
- Good mathematical thinking, able to calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Working knowledge of inspection procedures and measuring tools (micrometers, callipers)
- Excellent mechanical and logical thinking, ability to do simple maintenance (lubrication, adjustments, repairs)
- Organized, self-structured
- Pro-active, self-driven
- Disciplined, observant to safety and work instructions
- Practical approach, straight-forward and communicative
- Flexible for changes in work shift schedule
- Operate under UMICORE VALUES: Openness, Innovation, Respect, Teamwork, and Commitment
What We Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Karen Winne at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Umicore Human Resources at (518) 932-0052