Production Shift Leader
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 10-10-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
1. People management: absenteeism, overtime and in and out daily time control
2. People development: perform OJT, IDA, individual performance evaluation and skill matrix for his/her team. Provide feedback regarding Umicore values whenever required
3. EHS: lead his team to operate according to EHS guidelines, regularly check and take proper actions in case of unsafe behavior or condition. Make sure SWP is properly implemented.
4. Continuous improvement: lead BBP, ACCE cards and improvement proposals
5. SAP and monitoring systems (if available): responsible for SAP transactions and process monitoring
6. Volume and productivity: deliver shift planned volumes by following up each process step, managing team and minimizing production losses
7. Shift report and handover: communicate performance, troubleshooting, EHS and Quality topics, planned and in-progress maintenance
8. Communications with stakeholders: promptly communicate to superiors in case of Quality and EHS issues
9. Strong contribution to Umicore programs such as 5S, zero dust and contamination reduction
10. Quality: provide in-spec. product by monitoring the process and following SOP's and procedures
Who we are looking for
- High school with minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing plant. Technical school in Mechanical, Electrical or similar is desired
- Advanced level in all items of area qualification matrix. Good understanding of EHS guidelines
- Basic computer skills in orders to work with Microsoft Office, SAP and monitoring systems
- Communication and team working skills
- Basic leadership skills
- Positive attitude and continuous improvement mindset
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?