Project Manager Civil Engineering
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
Within the framework of the strategy of the department Technology and in order to realize the investments projects of UPMR, you support the Technology department by realizing your own portfolio of projects. You analyze, manage and implement engineering projects of the Hoboken plant of Precious Metals refining in all of its aspects, for a wide variety of projects, ranging from small units & revamps to green field (0,25 to 4 Mio€).
- In close collaboration with the project team and other services involved (esp. production and maintenance), you study and analyze the required technology for revamps and new units.
- You propose technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility – basic & detailed engineering phase, including a budget estimate.
- As an expert in strength calculations for concrete constructions you realize the complete project implementation including detail engineering, suppliers selection and follow-up, site supervision and start-up.
- You assist and help the start-up teams for the different investment projects, work close together with the production manager and his staff, the different engineering teams and the maintenance organization.
- You assure and improve the quality system (ISO 9001), the safety policies (OHSAS 18000) and environmental processes and procedures (ISO 14000).
- You take up the responsibility for the whole plant operations as Engineer on Duty, up to 3 weeks / year.
- You have a master degree in civil engineering or in applied sciences, with min. 5 years relevant professional experience.
- You are technical minded and skilled in various calculations, an expert of concrete applications, with a solid knowledge of steelwork.
- You are familiar with the practical requirements of environmental, health and safety and with quality systems.
- You have good knowledge of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-software are plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch and a good knowledge of other languages (English, French, German)
- You are an excellent people- and project manager, able to lead a team to successful implementation and start-up of new installations. You enjoy working with people and are interested to help them in their development.
- You are a good communicator, and can empower ideas to all levels of the organization.
- You are driven by challenging goals and have a structural work method.
- You are skilled in writing global project reports.
- You are a multitasker, who can set priorities, is able to synthesize a complex data and come to clear conclusions.
- You are willing to travel abroad for specific assignments.
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.