Project Manager Engineering
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 24-01-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in. We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
• Responsible for the team that designs and constructs manufacturing facilities and related structures, determines facility specifications, material resources, structural designs and construction & assembly set ups
• Prepare, revise and approve technical documentation for the design phases of projects, guaranteeing that standards, guidelines, best available, safe and cost-effective solutions are considered.
• Support the procurement phase of specific components and works, screening from bids to good reception confirmation in support of the project management.
• Control costs during execution of projects.
• Supervise the construction, installation and commissioning of assigned projects, within its area of responsibility.
• Work with other Engineering teams, integrating the work with other specialties into the final project solution, assuring user deadlines are met and without unexpected delays in production.
• Make quality and timely decisions within the Engineering tasks under his/her responsibility
• Gather relevant data to inform the decision makers regarding complex issues
• Propose improvements (procedures, organizational, new technologies, capex, productivity) as appropriate.
• Capture user feedback and lessons learned for future projects.
• Collaborates in internal and external audits.
• Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
• Manage vendors & contractors onsite, analyze the potential risk and recommend actions to mitigate the problems from construction/vendors
• Perform or support commissioning of the equipment before handing over to the Process team, support process team during the internal qualification
• Execute the project within the agreed scope, planning and budget
• Assure that all processes; operations and technical requirements are within capacity and related aspects are covered
• Define and follow up the progress of all the work packages required for the execution of the project
• Assure control and follow-up of all aspects of the project by regular meetings and reporting
• Timely detect roadblocks and take corrective action
• Report progress of the project to the program director
• Manage risk, change of scope, business case and end of phase reporting
• Perform engineering and technical support to the projects when needed, undertaking any additional tasks commensurate with the role as and when required.
Who we are looking for
Education and Technical Background
- University degree, or equivalent qualification, in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation/Automation
- Technical experience and/or background in the execution of engineering projects in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation/Automation
- Relevant experience and understanding in the execution of industrial projects in operational environments
- Knowledge of design software (e.g. AutoCad)
- Knowledge of EHS standards, industry good practices and legal requirements applicable to the specialty of focus
- Capable to work in matrix organizations, reporting to multiple supervisors
- Problem solver
- Flexible to work in ambiguous situations with limited supervision
- Supporting others with less experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent (written and verbal) English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If you need assistance in applying for this position please contact Henry Kahl at email@example.com
If my/our leadership/teams can improve battery performance IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO