Purchase Manager Co
China, Shanghai - UMS
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 01-07-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Collect / Explore relevant supplier data in order to map the Chinese suppliers landscape
- Assist in supplier selection process based on business critical criteria and present these to management
- Negotiate optimum commercial terms (considering total cost) with the selected and preferred suppliers in China for spot and Long Term Co contracts
- Manage the negotiated contracts and supplier relations together with all internal customers
- Ensure the daily follow up of orders, shipments, deliveries, stocks, etc together with the rest of the Supply purchase team
- Precursor market study & business development (new partnerships)
- Participate in new projects and developments
Who we are looking for
- You have a bachelor / master degree, preferably in Commercial science, Economics or engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a purchasing or supply chain function
- Battery and/or battery material industry experience, including product, technology, players. Cathode material knowhow preferable
- Chemical material manufacture knowledge and supply chain management experiences is an added consideration
- Chemical material purchasing and supply base development experience
- Strong commercial acumen, like to take initiative and you have good analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with all level of business partners
- Able to work independently proactively
- Prepared to travel on a frequent basis
- Fluent in English and Chinese
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?