RBM Process Control Manager (Cheonan, South Korea / Jiangmen, China)
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Umicore’s RBM Business Unit is a fast growing unit, expanding its operational activities year on year in various countries. In order to support this growth the function of process control will play an important role in managing the daily activities of Process Technology & Engineering department but also supporting the realization of the departmental and site operational strategies, objectives and targets as part of the Global operational system for excellence.
Purpose of the job
The Process Control Manager seconds the Head of Process Control for the supervision of the Process Control team. The team monitors and controls production condition of all production lines on all sites for a stable quality of the products, standardization and optimization of the process technology.
- Monitor, compare and analyse the process parameters on the different lines. Adjust the parameters (within the boundaries defined by RBM-PTE) to maintain a steady condition of production and a good product quality.
- Propose improvements of the process efficiency, perform equipment or process testing and implement the approved changes in close cooperation with PTE.
- Conduct technology transfers (new products or change of lines), qualification trials for products or raw materials and changes of process (MOC) at UMK
- Assist Production on a daily basis to solve process issues and for the retreatment of low grade products.
- Participate to the identification and solution of quality problems (VOC) related to process and the implementation of the resulting controls.
- Lead or Participate to PTE global projects and engineering projects (whenever required by the PTE organization).
- MSc or BSc with more than 4 years’ experience in chemical, materials or industrial engineering
- Fluent in Korean and able to communicate in English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge and understanding of RBMK production processes and of product characteristics
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, understanding of statistical methods
- Computer literacy (scientific software, Excel, Access and Word)
- Analytical thinking and technical curiosity
- Self-motivated, energetic and working in team
- Able to work in multi-dpt. team