Sales and Application Manager Inks and Coatings
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Sales & Marketing
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints and tyres. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
At Umicore Specialty Materials Bruges (USMB), our plant in Bruges employing 100 people and active in the sales, production, tolling and distribution of various metal organic compounds (carboxylates) and pure organic compounds, you manage the day-to-day operational sales and strategy of USMB’s product portfolio with a strong focus on inks, coatings and lubricants applications. You develop and optimize this growing business further by means of direct sales with key accounts, the distribution channel and Umicore Marketing Services offices.
- You prepare quotations, negotiate sales contracts and translate your expertise into an advisory role in relationship with the customer
- You actively participate in the implementation of the commercial strategy and contribute to the global catalyst and organic chemicals business growth through direct customers and the distribution channel
- You are responsible for prospection of the market; identify new business opportunities and sale price policy within your assigned business domain; create technical brochures as promotional material.
- You coach the distribution partners and Umicore Marketing Services colleagues and provide R&D, engineering & production with relevant market info, trends and customer requirements.
- You arrange and follow up together with your colleague sales managers the daily back office work, maintain contacts with accounting, R&D, laboratories and other support services in order to assure an optimal service towards the customer.
- You actively build your network, attend conferences, organize exhibitions, give commercial and technical presentations.
- You are responsible for toll and contract manufacturing within the full chemical activity of USMB..
Who we are looking for
- You have a master degree level preferably in chemistry and several years of relevant working experience in an industrial environment.
- You show broad commercial skills with the ability to make accurate analyses.
- You are fluent in English, while knowledge of Dutch, French or German is a valuable asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP systems is a plus
- You are an excellent communicator who can work autonomously, provide open and transparent feedback and take decisions.
- You are result driven, committed to deliver and persistent in achieving your goals.
- You show a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You have excellent convincing and presentation skills.
- You have an innovative & creative approach when dealing with changing market conditions and opportunities.
- You are hands-on and stress resistant.
- You are prepared to travel.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our recycling know-how can recover cobalt from industrial metal scrap, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?