Senior Operational Digitalization Manager RBM
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Information Technology, Process & Product Development
Posted on 03-07-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come
What you will be doing
As Senior Operational Digitalization Manager you will :
- Define digitalization needs, business requirements, business cases, standardization needs, priorities
- Develop the Operational Digitalization roadmap with a horizon of at least 5 years
- Contribute to and facilitate the implementation of the roadmap
Your detailed responsibilities:
1. Own the global Operational digitalization roadmap:
* As Global process owner guide and coordinate the teams of the different operational Domains (production, maintenance, logistics, EHS, quality management,…) and production sites in their conceptualisation phases on digitalization and help them define business requirements
* Consolidate ideas and search for harmonies while benchmarking across sites and other BU’s
* Translate the business needs into requirements to Business IT
* Make business cases with needed investments and benefits.
* Define priorities based on impact and needed resources as well as relevancy with respect to the RBM OPS automation and operational excellence vision
* Based on the gathered information, develop the overall OPS digitalization roadmap consisting of specific roadmaps for the assigned domains and aligned with the overall RBM digitalization roadmap.
* Translate the roadmap into a portfolio of projects, to be followed up through the BIT-OPS strategic board
* Make a high level planning, taking into account all other digitalization tracks running in other Departments and interacting with BIT Global Operations & Automation Solution Manager and the Corporate (Sr) Project Manager Digitalization to align and finalize them
* Dynamically adapt the roadmaps when needed or when priorities are changing
2) Owner or member of the projects:
* Act as project owner for projects managed by IT, Business IT or consultants
* Act as project manager for key projects within the digitalization roadmaps
* Using Umicore's standard Project Management methodology to describe definition of the scope, define Steerco, build and lead project team, define budget, objectives, milestones and deliverables
* Coordinate the development and implementation
* Look after the documentation and provide trainings
* Participate as team member in projects
3) Promotor and facilitator for operational digitalization:
* Make operational teams more acquainted with automation solutions of production and administrative processes, in order to stimulate further improvements and generation of new digitalization opportunities
* In study or implementation phase assist the different operations teams with mapping of processes, fit-gap analysis and translating the operational concepts to the IT specialists for implementation
* Share best practices with sites and limit duplication of efforts by using as much as possible globally implementable solutions and templates
* Scout new possibilities for senior operational digitalization by interacting with solution providers, external companies
Who we are looking for
- You acquired a Master’s degree in engineering, IT, sciences, engineering or equivalent with validated work experience (minimum of 10 years) in these expert domains.
- You have already several years of experience in a production business analyst, business excellence or similar position.
- Good knowledge and understanding of operational processes, preferably in metals refining, pCAM or CAM production or similar environments is a plus.
- Working experience in service driven, customer-oriented environment.
- You have proven knowledge of project management methodology.
- Solid knowledge of SAP PP/EWM, SAP PM, PI, Azure/Power BI and other digital tools and systems (like MES, …)
- You are Business Process minded based on clear experience on the production related business processes
- Experience in operational efficiency/excellence and digitalization consulting is a plus
- You have a very analytical approach and able to understand well the interaction between business requirements, business processes and the different technological components
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Willing to walk the extra mile when needed
- You are stress resistant, resilient and able to handle tight deadlines
- You have a consistent track record in leading sophisticated projects (time, scope, cost) and related change
- Experience in working in an intercultural environment (heavily Asian based)
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric verhicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO