Senior Process Development Engineer
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Engineering, Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Senior Process Development Engineer is responsible for managing and executing defined projects within the field of process research and development (R&D) and process industrialization. Also is expected to develop, optimize and understand process technologies and process flowsheets in a defined area.
1. Project Management & Execution
- Define the scope of the projects, the resources and teams needed to realize the project targets at the start and during the execution of the projects. This will be done together with the Program Manager, the CAPEX investment manager and with the hierarchical manager.
- Follow-up the execution of the individual projects with the project team and report progress and deviations in timing and scope to the management (e.g. program manager or CAPEX manager). Adjust at all times the projects, the priorities and the resources within the team with the BU priorities
- Lead the project team members by:
- providing equal development opportunities and providing tailored coaching
- being responsible for the team members and making sure that team members perform at "natural best"
2. Continuously scout the market for new and better production equipment or process technologies and organizes tests at external suppliers to validate new technologies
3. Contributes to the RBM process knowledge base by generating specific process technology documentation (P&ID, Process Description, Process Design Criteria, …).
Who we are looking for
- Analytical and critical mind
- Full of technical curiosity and Innovative
- Result-oriented person
- Problem solver: systematic and methodological approach, ability to synthesize
- Creative in generating solutions
- Team player
- Respectful, creative and assertive
- Able to work with deadlines
- Open communication
- Expertise in process technologies and equipment
- Sound knowledge base in chemistry and/or engineering allowing to manage process development projects and activities
- Background in process engineering from process design (paper study) to realization (plant start-up)
- Background in chemical engineering and powder handling technology is a plus
- Knowledge in process safety is a plus
- Able to understand and generate process documents such as: PFD, P&ID, mass balance, process description, cost calculations…
- PhD in Engineering or Science
- Master in Engineering (with strong preference for chemical, process or metallurgical engineering background) or Science with + 5 years of experience in our industry
- Fluent speaking and writing English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO