(Senior) Product & process development manager
Process & Product Development
Posted on 20-01-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Electro-Optic Materials
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. Umicore is a world leader in germanium material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies. We guarantee our customers secure access to supply, plus recycling technologies that give materials a new lease of life. To produce materials with even higher performance, and provide recycling to new markets, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You will be part of the Strategic Business Development team within the business unit Electro-Optic Materials!
As a (Senior) Process and Product Development Manager, you will work on the development of our next generation germanium substrates. You will invent, develop -and later on implement- new wafering processes (from crystal to shipped product) such the wafers align with the exact CMOS fab acceptance criteria. Your assignment will be to build up vital expertise, know-how and fundamental understanding on the various new processes to be implemented. This work will run together with our customers and R&D partners. You will also be responsible for setting up the needed cooperation agreements such that the newly developed concepts can be tested in application labs of equipment manufacturers or at selected research partners.
- You lead the quality improvement of our Ge wafer products
- Work out, in close cooperation with production, an improved production flow, by crafting and testing out new and innovative processing steps
- Responsible for successful qualification of developed products internally and externally
- You will develop, prioritize and follow-up the research project within a defined framework:
- You handle Umicore’s R&D contribution in public-funded projects.
- You manage the intellectual property, freedom to operate and design for manufacturability of the new product and or process.
- You summarize and present the acquired results (reports/presentations/ meetings)
- You interact directly with end customers to fully understand their needs
- You manage the development of the required process steps/modules in a pilot line together with other colleagues and/or external partners such as equipment vendors
- You coordinate knowledge transfer between the different stakeholders to ensure timely industrialization of new technologies
- You acquire an international network of external research partners and potential suppliers
- You further develop your competences through networking, presenting at conferences, participating in workshops, …
Who we are looking for
- You hold a Ph.D. in the field of crystallography, semiconductor materials or devices, or MS with more than demonstrated ability (+ 4 years) in semiconductor industries
- Working experience in a substrates fab is a strong plus
- Working experience in a CMOS fab is a strong plus
- Understanding the semiconductor eco-system is a plus
- You are a standout colleague!
- You show good analytical skills and like to play with data
- Statistical analysis software skill is plus (ex. Minitab, jmp,…)
- You are used to work with timelines and can handle stress.
- You can work according to a well-structured project management methodology.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present results in a clear and concise way.
- This job runs in an international environment, so good English communication and writing skills are required. The knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our germanium solutions can help provide power in space, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO