Team Leader Project Liaison
Canada - Loyalist
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Engineering & Technology
Posted on 12-01-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in. We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Manage the project folder access matrix, maintain project transmittals, archiving engineering deliverables and permitting docs on project servers
- Maintaining project docs system
- Taking care of the dept. data register to system for ROCE events, ACE/STOP card, 5S, PSM, training
- Other department administrative work such as organizing the monthly department meeting, annual outing, travel, visitors, teambuilding, etc
- Acting as an info-hub for providing and supervising admin activities
- Manage day to day functionality of the department
- Establish working relationship with various departments on site
- Responsible for facilities operations within the department
- Liaise with facilities team (ALGECO, IMPEL, ENTROPIA)
- Vendor management – installation and commissioning of equipment that are require for the facilities
- Managing repairs, maintenance and replacement in container village
- Working together with EHS regarding Fire safety procedures for the container village
Who we are looking for
Education and Technical Background
- University degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business or Other
- Relevant experience and understanding in the execution of industrial projects in operational environments.
- Three years' experience in project coordinating and liaising between different departments.
- SAP experience
- Capable to work in matrix organizations, reporting to multiple supervisors
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in an effective manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent (written and verbal) English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If you need assistance in applying for this position please contact Henry Kahl at Henry.Kahl@am.umicore.com
If my/our leadership/teams can improve battery performance IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO