Technical Support Coordinator
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Small CAPEX Project management
• Manage budget, scope and schedule of all assigned annual CAPEX win Operations
• Assure optimal choice, design and/or calculation of new or modified equipment and buildings, by own team or external engineering company, following ECR procedure. Provide use and maintenance instructions and trainings to the production and maintenance teams
• Consolidate progress, budget, scope and schedule of all site Operational CAPEX.
• Optimum allocation of resources for each project.
• Manage all engineering document and transition to operation team
• Develop and improve conceptual procedure and specification of engineering aligning with RBM standards(PTE guidance)
• Manage As-built engineering document of each project
Automation & Engineering service
• Guideline & technical support for maintenance team to do trouble shooting of control system for current facilities
• Initiate and deploy equipment knowledge management: process information, technical knowledge base for equipment information & drawing management.
• Consult or create to prepare engineering specifications & procedure with maintenance and production teams aligning with RBM standards.
• Increase reliability through technical service for chronic & critical trouble.
• Manage instrument validation, calibration and standard specification in all sites.
• Provide technical support on Admin Technical Support (P&ID's, drawing accessibility)
• Improve technical skill knowledge for 1st and 2nd line maintenance
• Implement and develop SAP platform for maintenance
• Implement Maintenance Reliability standards
• Follow standardization of automation (PLC, HMI, PI, DCS and Instruments)
• Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving and reporting, approving expenditures, enforcing guidance, and making decisions about the Procurement.
Safety, Health, Environment & Quality compliance
• Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks
• Ensure that the function operates in accordance with safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
• Do appropriate resource allocation on project and support work.
• Improve technical competency
• Promote team work and regular communication
Who we are looking for
Bachelor's degree in major of engineering and Minimum of 5 years in engineering environment
• Knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical engineering and maintenance, Powder & wet process
• Computer skills: project management & scheduling software, Microsoft office software
• Understanding and need experience engineering tools (CAD, PLC and HMI programming)
• Understanding and proven experience in mechanical equipment, piping design and P&ID
• Very good written and spoken English communication
• Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter of internal team member cooperation & other part in maintenance
• Ability to organize and coach his team and special task force team for special project.
• Control and manage projects (budget, scope and timing) by means of PX methodology
• Ability to identify and solve problems
• Ability to define needs and promote change
• Analytical thinking, problem-solving ability.
• Self-motivation, reasonable, opened mind, organization skills and adaptability to change team spirit.
• Positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment
• Build good relationship with other section and department
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?