Technology Development Competency Team R&D Manager
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development, Process & Product Development
Posted on 17-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The R&D Manager TDT is responsible for managing R&D projects and leading a small team in the relevant competence domain. The position requires you to;
- Define with the program manager and Head of competence team the resources and teams needed to realize the project targets at the start and during the execution of the projects
- Follow-up the execution of the individual projects with the project leaders and report progress and deviations in timing and scope to the program manager and PD&I team manager
- Adjust at all times the projects, the priorities and the resources within the team with the BU priorities
- Lead the project team members by:
> providing equal development opportunities, tailored coaching
> by being responsible for team members and making sure that team members perform at "natural best"
> by developing and use expertise in domain of cathode and precursor R&D
Who we are looking for
- PhD (with no experience) or MSc. in Chemistry, Physics or Engineering, with > 6 years’ experience
- PhD thesis experience (for PhD graduates) or experience in project management in the relevant competence domain cathode material, process technology, battery technology…)
- Open and communicative person who is creative in science and technology
- A Target driven person who are eager to reach target
- Project management skills preferred
- Good people skilled person
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO