Technology Development R&D Researcher
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Reviewing literature and designing experiments with supervisor
- Performing sample preparation and analysis using predefined procedures
- Developing new sample preparation and analytical procedures using complex equipment and software tools.
- Analyzing the data and reporting the conclusions and results in an English report
- Controlling and keeping track of the assigned equipment, infrastructure and tools
- Keeping up to date with the evolutions within the field by participating to events, seminars and trainings
- Informing colleagues with new technologies, products and safety instructions
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master in chemistry, material science, chemistry engineering
- You have advanced knowledge of inorganic chemistry, insights in material science and -technology
- You have experience with synthesis, especially with inorganic materials
- You are proficient in multitasking, and time management
- You are passionate and like to work independently, you identify more effective methods and propose new ideas
- You have solid reporting skills (both oral, written), (English)
- You like to work in team, and are willing to give training-on-the-job to coworkers
- You are punctual, and conscious when it comes to more detail work
- You are a creative and proactive person
- You are capable of leading an experiment independently
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my pioneering research can drive our progress in clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?