Warehouse & Internal Logistics Manager
China, Jiangmen - JUC
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
• Be responsible for the W&IL workforce, optimally organize the workforce (officers and operators, both internal and external).
• Pay attention to people, take initiatives for retention and people satisfaction, to support stable operation.
• Manage team & individual performance, assure people development by training/communication/leading.
• Be responsible for the total warehousing operational cost (site and external). Define the yearly budgets for Opex and Capex of the warehouse department, prepare for necessary investments and follow & optimize the total warehousing and internal logistic cost.
• Supervise W&IL operations and the department by setting, following up and communicating objectives and KPI’s in line with ROCE.
• Guarantee quality of team deliverables, by guideline of QM and SOP of our own. Monitor the SOP being executed, and renew when needed.
• Lead W&IL systematic scope (QEHS/OE/5S and continuous improvement), be responsible for internal and external audit/compliance.
• Take the lead to continuously improve the warehouse and internal logistics department’s safety performance.
• Continuously improve workflow, including: field material flow; working arrangement for shifts; and assignment split for officers.
• Owner of warehousing SAP operation: ensure physical material 100% matches SAP; take lead of SAP/WM project improvement.
• Launch the same management standard for external warehouse operation.
• Regularly analyze and report warehouse space, to compare demand and supply, and take needed actions to reduce warehouse cost.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Engineering/Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing, or related. At least 8 years working experience in Warehousing & Logistics, Supply Chain, with minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Fluent English skills in both oral and written.
- Proficient reporting skills (including conceptual breakdown, analytical data, and summarizing)
- Experience in working in an intercultural environment
- Capable of managing several priorities under time restraint and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of variety of systems& tools applied in supply chain management, such as SAP, WMS.
- Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access, Word, PPT and Sharepoint)
- Basic knowledge of Q, E and S management systems (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14000, ISO 45001)
- Strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation
- Well-developed business communication skills
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles,IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO