Young Graduate Program China - Commercial Engineer RBM
China, Guangzhou - UMS
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Sales & Marketing
Posted on 29-09-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Marketing and communication: prepare communication materials to support promotion and marketing of existing and new rechargeable battery materials aiming at further increasing the value-creation of the RBM-business
- Support RBM’s promotion activities in its geographical territory (China), including fairs, technical seminars
- Do market research, analysis, reporting and communication
- With guidance of Market Intelligence Manager, gathers, analysis and reports properly all critical market products & process related technology trends info related to Li-ion battery market, supports competitors benchmarking
- Actively involves in communicating and exchanging market info related to customer requirement & competitiveness situation with RBM AT team
- Collects supporting materials for assessing current and future markets (volume, timing, value, players…etc). Supports ad hoc market intelligence studies requested by other teams
Who we are looking for
- Education: MSc degree in Materials, chemistry/Applied Sciences with affinity for business (application / customer oriented)
- Managerial skills:
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Structured approach in project management
- Customer and service minded – Relationship builder
- Willingness to travel abroad (max. 10% of total working time)
- Language skills: Excellent English proficiency
- Other skills: Capable user of PC MS office applications
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my drive can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?