Young Graduate Program China - Process and Production Chemist
China, Shanghai - UMS
Precious Metals Chemistry
Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Chemistry (PMC)
Life-enhancing chemistry. Umicore is an expert in metals-based catalysis for applications that improve our quality of life. Automotive emission treatment technologies, active pharmaceutical ingredients for cancer treatments, the production of fine chemicals and advanced electronics – all are made possible by our organometallic technology know-how. To bring the magic of metal-based chemistry and catalysis to new customers and new applications we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Process and Production Chemist, your job role will include:
- In-house production process support: Supporting the Plant Manager / Plant Foreman in the evaluation of production data with regard to product and process quality / product analytics and failure analysis.
- Implementation of new processes: Support RD in the initial transfer of new processes
- Support of the pilot plant manager: Support in ensuring all HSE requirements and legally compliant operation; Support in organizing the necessary technical modifications, repair and maintenance work
- If applicable, support of the project manager activities within the framework of investment projects
Who we are looking for
- Education: Bachelor degree in Chemical Technician or above
- Specialized knowledge in the field of inorganic noble metal chemistry and fuel cell technology
- Knowledge of production or industrialization in the chemical industry
- Good technical understanding regarding chemical plants and process engineering
- Analytical thinking
- Good time management
- Ability to work in a team
- Language skills: Excellent English proficiency
- Other skills: Capable user of PC MS office applications
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my ambition can help create life-enhancing chemistry, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?