27 March 2015
Umicore’s Annual Report 2014 now online
Today Umicore published its Annual Report for 2014. The report offers a fully integrated view of Umicore’s economic, environmental and social performance. An online reporting centre enables readers to create their own customized report and offers additional functionality such as case studies and data downloads.
Key performance aspects in 2014 were:
- There were two fatalities in 2014. We recorded 37 lost time accidents, up from 35 in 2013
- Revenues were € 2.4 billion, up 1%
- Recurring EBIT was down 10% to € 274 million
- Return on capital employed was 12.2% vs 13.6% in 2013
- Capex was lower as we moved to the completion phase of a number of our growth projects
- Our R&D spend was € 143 million, 6% of revenues
- CO2 emissions were 25% below those of the reference year 2006 compared to 17% below in 2013
- The impact of our metal emissions to air and water remain set to meet the Vision 2015 improvement targets
- We continued to implement conflict-free gold certification for our main recycling and refining operations
You can find out more through the on-line case studies at: http://annualreport.umicore.com/home/case-studies/
To visit the online reporting centre visit http://annualreport.umicore.com. English, French and Dutch versions of the report can be accessed in the reporting centre and can be downloaded in a pdf format.
Readers can order a digital print via the reporting centre.