25 March 2016
Umicore publishes its 2015 Annual Report and introduces new social and environmental objectives
Today Umicore published its Annual Report for 2015. The report elaborates on the accomplishments of the Vision 2015 strategy and also outlines Umicore’s new social and environmental objectives. The reporting centre can be accessed here.
Key achievements of Vision 2015:
- Revenue growth was on average 7% per year in Umicore’s high growth potential activities
- Umicore generated an average return on capital employed over the Vision 2015 period of 15%
- € 1.2 billion was invested in growth projects and more than € 700 million in research and development
- CO2 equivalent emissions were reduced by 26% compared to the baseline year of 2006 and compared to a targeted reduction of 20%
- The impact of metal emissions to water and air were down 26% and 37% respectively compared to the targeted reduction of 20%
- Umicore developed expertise and tools to measure the sustainability of products and services in all its business units
- 99% of industrial sites have deployed a plan regarding accountability to the local community
- 83% of selected suppliers have acknowledged adherence to Umicore’s Sustainable Procurement Charter
- In occupational health, Umicore reduced metal excess readings (exposure) by more than 50%.
- By 2015 96% of employees received an annual development appraisal and nearly 70% of people worked in a site that received recognition as a preferred employer
- Umicore did not achieve its aim of becoming an accident-free company with 47 accidents recorded in 2015, compared to 60 in 2011.
An overview of these Vision 2015 achievements can be found at: http://annualreport.umicore.com/management-review/strategy/vision-2015-results/
New social and environmental objectives
Umicore introduced six new social and environmental objectives for the period 2016-2020. These form an integral part of the Horizon 2020 strategy. The objectives are clustered in three themes: Great Place to Work, Eco-efficiency and Value Chain and society and most of them are intended to provide Umicore with an enhanced competitive edge. An overview of these objectives can be found here: http://annualreport.umicore.com/management-review/strategy/horizon-2020-objectives/