Commercial Manager (Quapaw, OK)
United States, Quapaw_ USA
Sales & Marketing, Business Development
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Optical Materials USA is currently seeking a Commercial Manager in our Electro-Optic Materials business unit, located at our Quapaw, OK facility.
About us...Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Our activities are centered on three business areas: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies, and Recycling, and each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com and www.eom.umicore.com.
Purpose of the Job
To increase market share and profitable top line sustainable growth by instituting a commercial strategy that ensures management of existing and development of new business by building and strengthening long-term customer relationships.
- Lead sales and business development activities for Germanium/Gasir ® Optics products.
- Setup technical & commercial dialogues with customers, managing sales activities to stimulate, encourage, develop and establish relationships with customers
- Create and negotiate customer contracts and agreements – by taking into account necessary profitability targets and internal approval levels per LAM
- Manage sales margins by thorough understanding/review of production flows and by assessing cost drives in cost models, support developing/updating cost models
- Contribute to day-to-day business and operational planning by active contributions in providing sales management data - sales pipelines, forecasts, account management information and activity reports
- Contribute to long term planning by analyzing the IR market (leading to market reviews with market segmentations, application roadmaps, societal trends, competitor analysis, …).
- Takes ownership of the revenue line of operational plan, which is the main driver for operational planning of R&D and operations.
- Define/position customer specific value propositions to win contracts/orders
- Travel to customers facilities, meet with existing & potential new customers, participate in tradeshows and represent the company at various events
- Act as Program manager on key accounts/product introductions, working with manufacturing and R&D teams to ensure effective program support at all stages in the life-cycle of the program
- Coordinate delivery schedules with production and customers
- Monitor and manage customer credit lines, accounts receivables and invoicing
- Provide support in Quality & environmental management - ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 – systems and safety management systems
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, commercial sciences or business administration required
- 5+ years relevant experience in sales, business administration in optics related industries or other technical field of B2B environment and/ or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office and Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Demonstrated affinity with numbers and financial metrics
- Affinity with the application domain of the products and their use. The range of products and application technologies are highly technical.
- Solid understanding of production flows and cost drivers in order to assess underlying unit cost and sales margins
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Pam Talbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (918)281-4723.