Prototype Production Manager
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Our activities are centered on three business areas: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies, and Recycling, and each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com.
Manage the prototype manufacturing facility to build and deliver excellent prototype optical assemblies to the customer, transfer skills and knowledge to the high volume production facility.
The prototype production manager is responsible for the project management of the component manufacture, for the running of the assembly and test facility, and for the transfer of successful products to the high volume manufacturing facility:
- Manage prototype projects
- Manage the Prototype Assembly and Test facility in Acigné
- Transfer processes for assembly and test defined during prototyping to the High Volume Manufacturing Facility
- Share learning points in the prototype manufacture are communicated to the design team to improve future designs
- Liaise with customers
- Physics, Chemistry or appropriate Engineering degree (BSc or BEng).
- At least 5 years experience of optical manufacturing
- Good understanding of optical manufacturing machinery and processes
- Good understanding of optical testing methods and practice
- Experience in implementation of Quality Standards
- Project management skills
- Team management experience highly appreciated
- Motivational team leader
- Motivated team worker
- Practical and hands on problem solver
- Results oriented
Apply for Vacancy
To apply for this vacancy, please send your cover letter and CV to Agnes.Peter@vmzinc.com