Group Manager Occupational Safety
Environment Health and Safety
Posted on 01-07-2022
What you will be doing
As Group Manager Occupational Safety you will steer the Group's Safety roadmap and drive global improvement in Safety results as part of the Group Safety Policy and the zero harm strategy. You will report to the Group Safety Director.
Following the Umicore Way and the Let’s go for zero objectives, you will develop, manage and execute safety projects as part of the broader EHS/sustainability domain. Through your knowledge and expertise, you lead an internal and external network to ensure that the projects are aligned with the Umicore zero harm principles and you secure continuous improvement in EHS and sustainability performance.
An injury free work environment is a prerequisite for the sustainable creation of a Caring safety culture within Umicore.
- Secure long-term competence development within occupational safety by developing, organizing and providing Group safety training, coaching and education programs
- Engage and animate a global Safety network with internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a safety expert knowledge
- Create positive awareness towards global safety policy on sites
- Contribute to the Group Safety strategy definition and roadmap development
- Develop new guidance notes and standards according to the Safety roadmap
- Benchmark and drive sharing of best practices from both Umicore and external sites
- Manage worldwide implementation of the Safety system at all sites
- Investigate safety incidents , focusing on the quality of the root cause analyses, implement corrective actions and share learnings and best practices
- Support the sites in the allocation of external specialists and consultants on an as needed basis
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a driven colleague with :
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a relevant environment in order to understand complexity of organizations
- Good knowledge in hazard and risk assessment, EHS auditing and reporting
- Excellent training and coaching skills
- Networking and influencing skills to realize Umicore’s Group safety roadmap with the different organizational levels and audiences
- Good team-working and interpersonal skills to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Analytical mindset
- Autonomous with a good sense of prioritization of assigned goals
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills in Dutch and English
- Passion for safety and coaching, willing to travel (up to 25%)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our corporate/support function
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO