Prevention Advisor Health and Safety Site Hoboken
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in as Prevention Advisor Health & Safety Site Hoboken.
- As Prevention Advisor for our Hoboken plant (1.800 employees) you actively contribute to the development and the deployment of the Health and Safety approach for the complete site
- You are responsible for the daily operational management of the Occupational Safety team (prevention coaches level 2, prevention auditors and project staff). You lead by explicitly setting the example of the H&S Strategy & Policy and living the H&S values. You take care of a correct reporting on occupational safety to both internal and external bodies
- You organize and co-ordinate H&S projects focusing on the priorities set by the Hoboken Health & Safety Steering Committee
- You are a driver to make sure safety values are being lived throughout the organization and are not afraid to enforce measures and rules throughout all the departments of the site
- As secretary of the CPBW you manage the interface with the union representatives
- You manage all legally imposed procedures for H&S, including the external relations with different Belgian authorities concerning H&S and Seveso compliance regulations. You coordinate the safety-related training on the site
- You report to the Head of Prevention and Business Excellence
- You have a master's degree (in a technical field) with an additional qualification as a level 1 prevention advisor
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a key role in production and/or prevention in an industrial context (installations, processes and jobs)
- You are pragmatic and have a practical view on managing risks at a Seveso plant
- You love managing people and projects
- You are driven and energetic and you have a natural authority
- You have strong social and interpersonal skills in order to achieve rapid results with the various stakeholders (directors, union representatives and department managers)
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?