China, Jiangmen - RHQ
Purchasing & Transportation
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Purchasing and Transportation
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Develop and implement procurement for Industrial Projects
- Work with project team for purchasing strategy development
- Lead project purchasing team to conduct all purchasing/commercial related things, incl. but not limited to below:
- Propose and Approve Bidder List
- Create PO at SAP and work with team for expediting
- Contract Negotiation
- Maintain Supplier Relation
- Conduct Supplier Performance Evaluation and Assessment
- Support Payment proceeding
- Solve the problem related project purchasing
- Take a strategic and long term view in identifying and developing innovative sources and contractual arrangements, and establish the targets in alignment with CPC Lead/senior procurement manager and internal Clients
- Ensure that clients’ needs are reflected in the category strategy
- Establish spend baselines and category profile, inclusive risk assessment, supplier relationship management and procure to pay strategy
- Execute and monitor the added value initiatives as originating from the category strategy.
Share sourcing trends, best practices and results and organize knowledge distribution
Define, consolidate and execute improvement plans and ensure stakeholder alignment
Facilitate and alignment with global P&T strategy and the ambition in China
Support added value and capex centralization activity in China/Asia.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor degree (economics/engineering/electrical/civil, …) or equivalent by experience.
- Substantial professional experience in Chemical Capex industrial projects procurement in WOFE (> 10 years)
- Be familiar with EPC and EPCm model
- Deep understanding and knowledge of business needs
- Good knowledge of English is an absolute necessity
- Travel is necessary (1-2 times per month)
- Short term allocation is possible
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my pioneering research can drive our progress in clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?