Sales Manager (Quapaw, OK)
United States, Quapaw_ USA
Sales & Marketing
About us… Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage…To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com and www.eom.umicore.com .
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Optical Materials USA Inc is currently seeking a Sales Manager in our Electro-Optics business unit at our Quapaw, OK facility.
Umicore is a leading developer and manufacturer of sputtering targets and evaporation materials for all microelectronic / optical applications. The extensive product portfolio is supported by an excellent recycling program, state-of-the-art R&D, local sales offices and customer service centers around the world. Thanks to innovation, creativity, and a worldwide close co-operation with customers, system manufacturers, and research laboratories, Umicore offers a unique expertise in the development of materials for current and future customer needs and profiles itself as a one-stop-solution supplier for the microelectronic / optical world. Our location in Balzers, Liechtenstein is certified in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards, to guarantee the highest and most consistent product reliability.
Which is where you come in.
What You Will Be Doing
- Setup technical and commercial dialogues with customers, managing sales activities to stimulate, encourage, develop and establish relationships with customers.
- Negotiate customer contracts and agreements by taking into account necessary profitability targets and internal approval levels.
- Manage sales margins by thorough understanding/review of production flows and by assessing cost drivers in cost models, support developing/updating cost models.
- Contribute to day-to-day business and operational planning by active contributions in providing sales management data – sales pipelines, forecasts, account management information and activity reports.
- Contribute to long term planning by analysing the market (leading to market reviews with market segmentations, application roadmaps, societal trends, competitor analysis, etc.).
- Take ownership of the revenue line of operational plan, which is the main driver for operational planning.
- Define/position customer specific value propositions to win contracts/orders.
- Travel to customers facilities, meet with existing and potential new customers, participate in tradeshows and represent the company at various events.
- Coordinate delivery schedules with production and customers.
- Monitor customer credit lines, accounts receivables and invoicing.
- Provide support in Quality and Environmental management – ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 – systems and safety management systems.
Who We Are Looking For
Education & Technical Background
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, commercial sciences or business administration
- 5+ years relevant experience in sales, business administration in optics or microelectronics related industries or other technical field of B2B environment and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office and Enterprise Resource Planning system; working knowledge of SAP a plus
- Demonstrated affinity with numbers and financial metrics
- Affinity with the application domain of thin film products/materials and their use. The range of products and application technologies are highly technical.
- Solid understanding of production flows and cost drivers in order to assess underlying unit cost and sales margins
- Good inter-personal skiills and effective communication skills
- Self-driven with demonstrated ability to work well in a team
What We Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits.
With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Pam Talbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Umicore Human Resources at (918) 281-4723.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.