Senior SAP Business Consultant Transportation & Trade Compliance
Belgium - Hoboken
Posted on 17-11-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are needed to everyday life. We strive to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Senior SAP Business Consultant, you employ considerable SAP Process & Technical, Project Management and People Management skills. As a senior consultant in Transportation & Trade Compliance you are responsible for the T&TC business processes in SAP. Your prime responsibility is bringing expertise on the execution and follow-up of transportation flows and trade compliance processes. Act as a change driver for these processes and develop the future Umicore template processes for T&TC.
The jobholder will be part of the Information Systems (IS) team, reporting to the Head of Business Applications, and will interact with the business teams of Umicore (globally), and within the larger IS department (at global and local level).
To power Umicore’s Umicore Battery Materials growth ambitions, we are preparing a roadmap to in the domains of Transportation and Trade Compliance. The position will focus on the design and different roll-outs globally for T&TC
You will be working on Transportation and Trade Compliance projects and change requests for Umicore entities:
- Analyze the as-is processes and design the future Umicore SAP template processes.
- Act as template keeper by mapping the future requirements to the template processes and contribute to template development based on gained experience from roll out projects
- Propose and describe potential solutions for gaps and identify potential improvements.
- Conduct key- and end user training to ensure the necessary knowledge
- Lead domains T&TC in projects in fit/gap, build, training, testing and go-live
- Lead change requests within your domain from design to implementation
- Guide the key users to test the system and to realize system acceptance
- Ensure qualitative documentation (training documents, test scripts, …)
- Perform and document standard configuration in SAP
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master in information technology, applied economics or a related field. Or the equivalent by experience.
- You can rely on a broad functional knowledge of multiple SAP modules.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (focused on SAP Projects).
- You are fluent in English and Dutch and/or French.
- You have excellent oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- You are willing to travel abroad.
- You establish credibility with senior stakeholders.
- You have gained experience in the domains of Transportation and Trade Compliance
- Business analysis
- Business process improvement
- Requirement definition and management
- Project execution
- Application support
- Your good people skills allow you to work efficiently in team.
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are a team player and motivator within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?Apply