Battery R&D Researcher
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Battery research team’s Battery Analysis Researcher will conduct battery analysis for boosting up product development by providing a decisive evidence to materials team. Work scope consists of analytical experiment, revision of the existing SOP to provide material discrimination analysis such as Surface analysis, Gas analysis, Raman, DSC, ARC involving Thermal stability analysis for products for battery safety.
1. Battery Analysis
- Perform various battery analysis necessary to support material development (analysis of positive/negative active materials, electrodes, electrolytes, battery)
- Establishment and supplementation of advanced analysis methods to align with customer needs and to develop positive materials
- Alignment between customer and Umicore’s analytical method (results)
- Provide with analysis tools for relation studies amongst raw materials, electrodes, and full cell properties
2. Interpret analytical data of battery
- Provides advanced interpretation of battery test results performed for material evaluation
- Draft material evaluation report for PTE / OPS (Internal stakeholders)
3. Lab management responsibilities
- Equipment maintenance
- Analytical method responsibilities
- Room responsibility and 5S
Who we are looking for
- MS in materials science with electrochemistry analysis experience, chemistry, chemical engineering
- Good understanding of manufacturing process and equipment for battery
- Good understanding of X-ray analytical instruments (XPS, XENS, XAFS etc.)
- Knowledge on Battery design, interpretation of the performance is preferred
- Quick in making improvement
- Data mining skill to find the relation between coin and full cells
- Intermediate level of business English
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Open and positive mind
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?